Sunday, August 18, 2013

Count Down to the First Day of School: 2 days and 9 hours

Students arrive this Wednesday, and I am starting to get more and more excited  about starting a new year with a new set of students. Tomorrow will serve as my day to finish getting my classroom ready, and Tuesday will be the day I get to meet students and parents for the first time. The summer has flown by, and I find myself reflecting on all that I have learned from last year and from this summer.

My goals for this year include making better use of technology to help reduce the time it takes for me to give feedback to the students, being effective in challenging students to figure things out with tough questions while providing just enough supports to keep them from feeling discouraged, and I want to execute effective problem based learning this year.

Some challenges I'm anticipating include the space limitations in my classroom, the time it will take me to plan and set up the technology, and my ability to manage my classes when they work with each other.

Another goal is to journal at least every week on my progress, so we will see how that goes.

Wish me luck, and tell me what your goals are?

No comments:

Post a Comment